From time to time we all experience some levels of pain, discomfort, or mobility issues that could use some help from a chiropractic professional. Oftentimes, individuals considering a visit to the chiropractor may not be fully aware of all of the issues and ailments that a chiropractic adjustment can address. Most people automatically connect chiropractors to issues such as neck and back pain that may arise from an accident or injury. While a chiropractor is an excellent choice for helping patients with these common issues, it is important to also know there are a number of different ailments and conditions flying under the radar that can also greatly improve as a result of regular chiropractic adjustments.
What is a Chiropractor?
In order to see how a chiropractor can help to improve your quality of life, it is important to understand exactly what a chiropractor is and does. A chiropractor is a healthcare professional who uses a variety of techniques and methods including the manipulation and adjustment of your spine and joints to address concerns such as pain, mobility issues, and discomfort. The non-invasive adjustment and manipulation techniques used by chiropractors are considered safe and effective treatments for a number of health conditions which can affect both children and adults.
How Can Smeglia Chiropractics Help You?
Chiropractors address a number of issues affecting individuals both directly and indirectly. Our patients are often pleasantly surprised when an adjustment or treatment leads to resolution of symptoms that they believed to be unrelated to their targeted areas of concern. Whether it is following an accident resulting in injury, overuse from training or work, or issues with posture or sleeping positions, a consultation with a chiropractor can help you get the relief you need. Following your evaluation with a chiropractor, we can discuss areas of concern that may be contributing to your day-to-day pain.
Chiropractic Solutions for A Variety of Issues
- Musculoskeletal Disorders — This category of conditions is the most well-known area of treatment by chiropractors including issues such as strains, sprains, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, herniation, and chronic pain stemming from injuries whether accidental, through sport, or underlying conditions.
- Central Nervous System — Your body is connected through a complex system of nerves, your brain, and the spinal cord. When you are experiencing issues throughout your body these issues oftentimes are indirectly affected by the state of your central nervous system. Through adjustments and manipulations, chiropractors can help optimize your body and improve function and mobility throughout various areas of your body including your digestive system.
- Functionality of Joints & Extremities — Whether through sport, work, or everyday routine, our joints and extremities are under immense pressure and strain. This can lead to misalignments, pain, and discomfort in joints such as the ankles, wrists, knees, and shoulders which can be targeted through specific chiropractic treatment.
- Headaches & Migraines — Chiropractic treatment is a popular and effective option for individuals that suffer from chronic headaches and migraines that originate from a problem in the neck or back such as cervicogenic headaches.
Various Treatment Options Available at Smeglia Chiropractics
While the main focus of most chiropractic treatment involves some form of adjustment or manipulation, there are also a number of therapies and treatments that can be combined to offer a more comprehensive plan to address your body's overall needs and give you the most relief. Chiropractors are trained in various safe and effective non-invasive techniques to provide their patients with the highest level of care possible.
- Spinal Correction – This method uses a variety of techniques targeting certain areas and conditions that originate in the spine.
- Corrective Exercises & Lifestyle Advice – While it is necessary to address the issues of immediate concern it is just as important to offer advice and techniques to prevent common triggers of pain and discomfort within the body. With a combination of your chiropractic care alongside strengthening exercises and lifestyle advice, we can help you live your best quality life and lessen your pain and discomfort.
- Cupping – We offer this therapy as a complement to our other chiropractic treatments to help you maximize your body's functions by improving blood flow in targeted problem areas to relieve swelling, tension, or tightness.
- Screening – Before creating a customized chiropractic treatment plan for your care, we will take the time to analyze your spinal health and posture to pinpoint possible areas of concern to prevent future damage or injury.
Providing Relief to Our Patients is Our Top Priority
Nothing brings us greater pride and satisfaction than providing real relief to patients for issues they felt were unrelated to their initial areas of concern when they first walked into our offices. Throughout the years we have heard so many stories of individuals coming in for back pain or neck pain, who are then surprised when their headaches or digestive issues resolve as a result of their chiropractic treatment.
If you are suffering from chronic pain anywhere in your body make sure to mention all areas of concern at your next chiropractic consultation. Sometimes patients will leave out certain nagging conditions or issues because they feel those issues are not relevant to the chiropractic services we offer. The body is an amazing and interconnected vessel with many common elements that when addressed properly and maintained through chiropractic care can relieve a number of different ailments.
Specialized Chiropractic Care for All Ages
At Smeglia Chiropractics we help patients of all ages find relief including adults of all ages, children, and babies. While many adult patients are shocked to learn that children can also benefit from chiropractic care, they often imagine children receive the same treatments as adults. However, chiropractic care for children involves a number of appropriate, safe, and gentle techniques that can address a number of conditions including ear infections, colic, and even behavioral disorders.
If you or a loved one is dealing with chronic pain in any area of your body, a comprehensive chiropractic treatment plan can help you find the much needed relief you are looking for. Contact us at Smerglia Chiropractic to reserve an appointment for your first consultation.